Thursday, March 10, 2011

Castle TV Show and Books

"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers.  I’m the kind that pays better." – Richard Castle, Castle

I’m going to do something a little different this week.  Instead of a set of movies that all have something in common, I am going to write about one of the most entertaining shows on TV today, along with the books that are an integral part of it.

The ideal way to experience both sets of media is to watch Castle Season 1, then read the book Heat Wave, then watch Castle Season 2, then read the book Naked Heat, then watch Castle Season 3 (the current season.)

Because of the intertwining of the TV show with the books, I will write up a post for the TV show and I will have links in it to the posts on the books, so that you can easily go to them, then come back to read about the next season of Castle.

I am also going to include some videos.  The first has the two stars of the show reading an excerpt from the book Heat Wave.  It does a great job of showing the chemistry the leads have with each other.  I will embed this video in the post for the book Heat Wave.

I will then have a separate video post with the complete set of footage of this panel that shows that the entire cast and creative team have great chemistry.  It’s a really entertaining 50 minutes.

You can find my posts for these here:

Castle
Heat Wave
Naked Heat
Castle at Comic-Con 2010

On to the reviews…

No comments:

Post a Comment