Thursday, July 28, 2011

Humor – Look-alike Celebrities

Have you ever been watching a movie, or a celebrity interview, and thought it was one person, only to find out that it was someone else?  Me, too.

It makes sense that some entertainers resemble each other, since attractiveness is a key attribute to have to be successful, and since attractiveness falls into some pretty standard categories.  Maybe it’s the eyes, or the cheekbones, or even the entire face that is similar.  Here is an example of what I mean:

Eric Dane (Grey's Anatomy) is on the left and Leonardo DiCaprio (Inception) is on the right.


Click “Read more” for the others.

Helen Hunt (As Good as it Gets) on the left and Leelee Sobieski (Joyride) on the right


Tom Welling (Smallville) on the left and Cillian Murphy (Inception) on the right


Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean) on the left and Skeet Ulrich (Scream) on the right


Spanish actresses Penelope Cruz (Pirates of the Caribbean 4) on the left and Paz Vega (Sex and Lucia) and the right


Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) on the left and Zach Braff (Scrubs) on the right


Christopher Knight (The Brady Bunch) on the left and Seth McFarlane (Family Guy) on the right


Teresa Palmer (I Am Number Four) on the left and Kristen Stewart (Twilight) on the right


Peter Facinelli (Twilight) on the left and Christian Bale (The Dark Knight) on the right


Bradley Cooper (The Hangover) on the left and Ralph Fiennes (Schindler's List) on the right


Josh Duhamel (Transformers) on the left and Timothy Olyphant (Live Free or Die Hard) on the right


Actress/singer Zoey Deschanel (500 Days of Summer) on the left and Singer/actress Katy Perry (California Girls) on the right


Zoey on the left and Katy on the right


Just to prove they are two different people (Zoey left, Katy right)


Finally, here are my top male and female look-alikes.  Ladies first:

Keira Knightley (Pirates of the Caribbean) looks so much like Natalie Portman (The Black Swan) that she was actually cast as Queen Amidala's (Portman's) look-alike handmaiden who masquerades as Amidala in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.  It was Knightley's first major movie role.

Knightley left and Portman right


Portman left and Knightley right


Portman left and Knightley right


Here is a computer generated image that morphs their two faces into one.  Still looks just like them, doesn't it?


And for the men, it's Spanish actor Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men) and American actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Watchmen.)  I literally cannot tell them apart when I see them.  I have to wait to see if the guy is speaking with a spanish accent or not to know who it is.




11 comments:

  1. Fantastic fun looking through these... hehehe :D Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous - You're welcome. I'm glad you liked it. By the way, thank you for commenting. This post has been viewed nearly 1,800 times and you are the first one to say thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done putting those together! I didn't realize Katy Perry and Zoey Deschanel are almost doppelgängers ( :

    Joseph gordon levitt and heath ledger look kind of similar , what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chris - Thanks for commenting. In regards to Gordon Levitt and Ledger, I have to admit that it hadn't crossed my mind, but then I haven't seen side by side pictures of them. I did see them together in 10 Things I Hate About You, but they were quite a bit younger then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right Chip. Eerie how much Skeet looks like Depp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's eerie how much these celebs look alike Chip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Maurice Mitchell - In case you wrote the second comment because you did not see the first one appear, for some reason all three (including the one you left on my 2nd Anniversary post) went to Spam. I don't know why. I've got them all published now.

    I've had some pics set up for a long time to do a second post like this one, but I've never gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Has anyone actually seen Javier Bardem & Jeffrey Dean Morgan in the same place at the same time? I mean come on, actor ... hello ... could be just some phony accent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, I never have. Something to think about.

      Delete
  9. I was watching an episode of Santa Clarita Diet starring Timothy Olyphant and thought he was Geoff Stults. Geoff Stults was on the show The Finder and even their voices sound alike. I thought I was good with faces. I don't have a problem with any of these look a likes except Javier Bardem and Jeffrey Dean Morgan which is uncanny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eric Dane and Josh duhamel are look alikes

    ReplyDelete