Friday, December 2, 2011

No Movie for Number 43

Well, I had to skip numbers 26 and 33 and I have to do it again for number 43.  I have seen no movies with a “43” or variations thereof in the title, let alone one good enough to recommend.  This is one of the reasons I did a double post for the number 42.

I identified several movies that had the requisite number in their titles, but none were available to be seen.  The one that sounded like I might have liked it was the Italian film It Happened in ’43 (1960).  Room 43 (1958) sounds silly and Every 43 Seconds (2003) sounds preachy. 

If you have seen any of these movies, please let me know by leaving a comment here.  I’m interested in your opinion on them.

There are two movies currently in production that might be good.  The first is 43 Pounds about a man who tries to make a movie for (you guessed it) 43 pounds. 

The second is Movie 43 that is coming out in 2012.  It will consist of a series of comedy shorts produced by the Farrelly Brothers about the private lives of superheroes (i.e. Batman going speed dating.)  It has a hell of a cast listed for it – Emma Stone, Chloe Grace Moretz (Hit Girl), Gerard Butler, Elizabeth Banks, Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Kristen Bell (Heroes), Anna Faris (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Kate Winslet, Josh Duhamel, Patrick Warburton (The Tick), Naomi Watts, Uma Thurman (G-Girl), Richard Gere, Seann William Scott, Jason Sudeikas, Leslie Bibb, Kate Bosworth, Liev Schreiber (Sabretooth), Kieran Culkin, Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Red Mist), Johnny Knoxville, and Tony Shalhoub, “just to name a few”.

If I ever get a chance to see one of these movies, or if a new movie with a 43 in the title comes out that I like, then I will replace this post with my recommendation for it.  Until then I have to move on to the number 44.

[Note – you can see all the Movies by Numbers, as well as get some hints on what’s to come, at this link.]

No comments:

Post a Comment